For your longer-term savings needs, a Certificate of Deposit (CD) from First National Bank provides flexible terms and competitive rates for terms ranging from three (3) months to 60 months.
- Minimum opening balance requirement is only $500
- Fixed interest rate for chosen term
- Quarterly interest payments
- For terms one year and less, you earn a tiered rate with higher interest paid on balances $50,000 and greater
- No maintenance or setup fees
- FDIC Insured
Planning for Your Retirement
To benefit from the tax-advantaged status of an Individual Retirement Account (IRA), all of our CDs can also be classified as either a Traditional or Roth IRA. Each provides their own unique tax advantages when it comes to reporting interest (but we suggest consulting with your tax advisor for specific details and income limitations).
- Benefits of a Traditional IRA - Contributions are tax-deductible on both federal and state tax returns for the year you make the contribution and withdrawals in retirement are taxed at ordinary income tax rates.
- Benefits of a Roth IRA - You don’t get a tax break with your contributions like with a Traditional IRA, but earnings and withdrawals are generally tax-free.